Matt's Corner

9.18 Waiting

SUNDAY
My bags were packed on Tuesday...


Waiting...


Waiting...


Waiting...


And I jumped each time my phone rang... wondering if this would be "the call..."
Waiting to hear my sister's voice on the line telling me that baby Harper was almost here and it was FINALLY time to leave...


But my sister's FB said: "I think my oven is broke or I have a really stubborn bun that doesn't want to come out!!!  The timer went off about a week ago missy!"


However, the plus side = we were all there--dad, mom and me--at the hospital for the big day...


And so, today my feet touched down in the miserable PHX heat... because sister was scheduled to be induced the next morning :) 


So, what does one do the night before they are to become parents?


In natural Jeff and Megan style--it was dinner and a movie... gathered round a large green table out on the paito of our favorite hip pizzeria.  Together.  Simply enjoying being together.


No comments: