Matt's Corner

9.22 Life With Harper Part 3

WED 2am
We told sissy to text us if she needed us at any point during the night…
@ 2am we looked at our phones; no text, but Harper was not happy about something…
So I plunked my way down the stairs…
Not that I knew what to do…
But my heart went out to my sister; she had to be more tired than I...
I could at least do whatever she said to do…
Turns out sissy stinks at swaddling…
We would rock little Harper till her eyelids drooped shut and put her to bed no problem…
But then she would wiggle a bit and kick her way out of our poor attempt at swaddling…
Which left her not-happy and us staring at each other with sleepy eyes…
By-the-way, I also stink at swaddling…
So we came up with a little invention using what we had on hand…
1 onesie +2 mittins +2 sockies+ this garment that sissy had for a 9month old that zipped up the front…
First we put Harper in her onesie, mittins and socks…
Then we placed her inside of said zip-up garment and zipped her up…
Finally, we tied the sleeves of the zip-up garment around baby…
And…
The Leland-Mueller version of swaddle = SUCCESS!
Harper slept till we woke her up five hours later the next morning!
:)

I did not reach for my camera @ 2am… but here are more pictures because I just can’t get enough of her…
Admit it, you can’t either…






1 comment:

debbie rothaus said...

such a sweet blessing-my grandbaby