Last February (@ on a Wednesday night) we randomly (i.e. impulsively and without a plan) decided to rip out the (unused, year old) carpet in our guest rooms. Our (ok my) impromptu` decision resulted in a years worth of projects… but now (I think…maybe….?) we are FINALLY DONE (flooring at least)! (Matt thinks 2010 should bring more couch units, while I’m already dreaming of redoing the front porch…)
MANY MANY MANY thanks to Jason, Tamera, Rick, Dane, Chris, Jean and Dan--who rescued us from killing each other as they helped to lay the last five thousand eight hundred tiles!!!
Our celebration = purchasing a ginormous, comfy (sink into and never get up) couch. (It’s been priority #1 on Matt’s wish-list for the last 4½ years…)
Now that it’s OVER it makes me smile to think about:
- Our two month slumber party in the living room (whereby we literally relocated the master suite to center stage of the living-room)
- The vehemence with which Matt kicked the trowel into the street…
- Our excessive Panda Express bill while in project mode…
- The way you look (like say… a person who’s attempted to pull all their hair out) when making those last minute runs to the store (and the looks you get from other people while there).
- All those late nights; the hilarious moments and countless memories…
- The finished product! J
Our couch was delivered a few days ago… the movers put a giant hole in the drywall….
Matt just got his next project….