Matt's Corner

Last Week

it was an entire week of heels and mascara…

& running out the door by 8am…

not because I necessarily wanted too…

but because it was my civic duty too…

I was lucky juror #7 for the entirety of this past week…

my front row seat in court (surprisingly) wasn’t actually ALL bad…

time-consuming and redundant -> yes…

but also, with-out-a-doubt, a part of what makes this nation really great…

it was an interesting week:

watching witnesses…

scrutinizing evidence…

evaluating testimonies…

observing the seriousness of the jurors…

listening to lawyers ask the same questions again… and again… and again… and again… and again…

filled with an abundance of breaks and much reading…

completing errands on my “lunch”…

being a part of the deliberation process…

noting the letter of the law (by-the-way, spousal abuse is define as “offensive touching” and “does not have to cause harm or pain”)…

talking the with lawyers post-verdict…

rejoicing that my time on CSI is now officially over and life can go back to normal… J

1 comment:

Beth P said...

Yuck!! Glad's over!! :)