Matt's Corner

7.19-7.25: Snippets From My Wonderful Week With Mom

TUES.

my mom is my best friend…

she’s the greatest friend I’ve ever had…

my very best, best-friend…


today we strolled the streets of Coronado…

meandered around the Hotel Del…

lunched on the patio belonging to Costa Azul…

planted our chairs beachside and enjoyed a nice long lounge near the water’s edge…

then treated ourselves to 2 scoops at Maggie Moo’s…

totally luvin this coastal summer weather; the warmth of the sunshine offset by those cool sea breezes J

WED.

I cannot express how sweet it was to have mom in Bible studies with me this week…

and to discuss His words together on our morning walks…

Ps 63: 1-3 “O God, You are my God; I shall seek You earnestly; My soul thirsts for You, my flesh yearns for You. In a dry and weary land where there is no water. Thus I have seen You in the sanctuary, To see Your power and Your glory. Because Your lovingkindess is better than life, my lips will praise You.”

THURS.

of course we did a lil project-ing together…

mom has a talent for making things beautiful…

and a supernatural gift of serving others…

today was actually day two of a four day project…

clearly we did not know what we were signing ourselves up for…

in one word -> circles…

circles, circles and more circles…

till we ran out of circles and were forced to make a quick run to the store to purchase more supplies so we could make… can you guess?

yep, even more circles…

but we did have fun J

FRI.

ok so funny thing about our circle project…

we finished making our zillion circles, then strung em together and crafted the strands into three DIY capiz chandeliers…

tonight my best hubby ever attached them to the ceiling for us…

and we stood back…

but the middle one wasn’t quite right…

Matt said it needed a “haircut”…

so we chopped off about five hundred circles…

500 circles being the equivalent to approximately two hours of my life… :/

and so we stood back for the second time…

um…

who gave me scissors?

resolved to get it right, we set about gathering the cut circles off the floor and strategically re-attaching said circles…

(this was not the only thing mom fixed while she was in town… she was also busy nixing the “bellbottoms” off the office curtains that I “butchered”)

and so, after mom’s final touches, we stood back a third time…

luv ♥ ♥ ♥

total cost = $15

SAT.

girls day!

you know the age old saying, “shop till you drop”

that was us


SUN

day four of our lil project…

remember those extra 400 circles…

we couldn’t let em go to waste…

so we impulsively decided to make a fourth chandelier for the master bath…

this one had lots of hiccups…

but it felt so good to finally put that sewing machine away…

MON.

getting ready to spend some time in Marina Del Rey with mom AND dad J

1 comment: