Matt's Corner

8.26-8.28 Bike The Bay Weekend in SD :)


8.26 FRI
A weekend getaway with my love on SoCal’s beautiful beaches—what could be better?
He is definitely my most favorite person in this entire world…
I just sneaking him away from the humdrum of normal life…

And taking time to amble down beaches together…
Together we laugh… A LOT… :)

So what could be better than a quick vacation to the beach with each other?
Um, how about NOT waking up keeled-over-in-pain-from-food-poisoning on the morning I am attempting to head off for our weekend excursion…
Not to worry, I didn’t let the, my stomach-is-turning-inside-out, stop me completely…
Delayed -> yes…
But we did make it :)
And figured I could use a distraction from the pain that wasn’t exactly going anywhere…
So we dashed over to Sea World to check out the new sea turtle exhibit…

Aren’t underwater sea creatures fascinating…

It was also a splendid evening for a gondola ride out over Mission Bay :)
And we hopped aboard at the perfect hour; just as the sun was sinking behind the horizon, turning everything golden…


Helping me to forget about my tummy for those five minutes…

Matt takes the best care of me…
After fireworks he tucked me in bed, then rushed out and returned a few minutes later with three different types of medicine…

8.27 SAT
today was an EXTRA late start kinda day…
no schedule, no rushing…
just Matt & me…

taking a quick jaunt over the Coronado bridge; feeling the sense of anticipation that comes from getting to the island…

enjoying an extended morning walk in the bubbly, ocean surf…
on sand that gleamed in the sunlight; hues of glittery gold zigzagging about under bare feet…
it felt good to be out in the sun and the salt air…
with sea breezes ruffling our hair…
escaping the Murrieta heat wave…
watching sunlight shimmer on the surface of the ocean, light bouncing all around us…
but somehow our feet always make their way to our favorite house on the island…
we don’t know quite how that happens…
one minute we are walking…
the next minute we look up and find we are standing in front of this much luved lil beach house, filled with so many treasured memories…

and, much more importantly, our dear, beloved friends :)

they are the greatest…
we just luv when the whole gang’s together…
seizing all opportunities to cart their beach bums seaside…


laughing at our lil Buddy, who likes to belly flop into the sand…
especially after you’ve utilized the ocean to rinse off all that sand and taken the time to dry him off with a towel…
that definitely means it’s time for another belly flop…
J

8.28 SUN
It was our last visit with this lovely couple on this beautiful island that inspired me to sign up for Bike the Bay—a 25mile FUN ride over the Coronado Bridge and down the Silver Strand…
and it was, indeed, a simply fantastic ride J
the streets felt alive and festive…
2500 people and bikes came pouring in from all directions…
a canopy of white and blue balloons marked the starting line…

even the sun broke free from behind the clouds and spread its butterscotch light across the Harbor…
and we were off…
my favorite part, quite easily, was riding over the ginormous bridge…
I even snapped a couple quick pics with my phone near the top…


the entire ride was picturesque J
and I’m hoping to make this an annual thing…

No comments: