Matt's Corner

Daily Tide 10.16: Huntington Beach

It’s Monday morning here and I have that lovely glow from a weekend that I really enjoyed.

Sunday the hubby and I spent a beautiful day beachside… just my love and I… enjoying a bit of rest and relaxation :)

Taking in a stunning ocean view atop our oversized beach towels… we decided (yet again) that we need to “just be” a bit more often…

Truth be told, our jot to Huntington Beach was not exactly in the weekend plan…

Saturday morning was enveloped by oodles of FUN bridal shower hullabaloo…

A festivity that did not quite grab Matt’s interest… and thus, after a goodbye kiss, I heard the roar of the motorcycle setting off down the road…

His buddy lives in Huntington…

I believe they quite enjoyed their day… surfing/boogie boarding the days 7ft. swells… watching the FL state football game… eating FOURTEEN In & Out burgers (you did not misread that, 14 burgers disappeared between the four of them)…

Matt told me he’d be home by 7. Around 7:20 I answered call from Matt’s phone, “Hi Babe…”

“Hi Danielle, this is Doctor Ted G… Matt left about an hour and a half ago…”

I braced myself for what was next, thinking Matt must have wrecked the motorcycle. Already planning to run out the door, jump in the truck and race to the hospital.

“Matt left his phone here; we just saw it on the counter…”

Goodness gracious…phew… praise the Lord… “Yep, sounds like Matt…”

When I heard the garage door a few minutes later I was so thankful Matt made it home in one piece that being mad never even crossed my mind. There’s a hidden lesson in that for me, yes?

So Sunday came and we made a day of it, packed up the beach gear and headed to pick up Matt’s “crack-berry….”

Turned out to be a lovely day.

I happen to luv October days by the shore… summer crowds have retreated like fickle friends, leaving lengthy stretches of sand to true beach lovers…

A lovely day to get away…
Filled with lots of sunshine…
Admiring just how wonderful the colors of the ocean are…
With the love of my life...
He kept skooching over to share my beach towel, though his was perfectly fine…
Not saying I minded…
Didn’t mind one bit actually…

1 comment:

debbie rothaus said...

Sounds and looks so peaceful. The kind of day I love...