Matt's Corner

Daily Tide 11.9: Sunsets & Racehorses...

I love my husband... tremendously...
God has given him unbelievable wisdom in leading me...

Matt teaches me many things...
And he loves this race horse enough to show her there's a better way...
He reminds me that it is good to not be constantly running at a pace that results in injury...
He reminds me to play... to relax... to stop striving...
This racehorse tends to chomp at the bit, thinking of everything that "needs" to get done, making her thousand lists, and believing I'm the one to do it...
My husband reminds me that is simply NOT true...

"Cease striving and know that I am God...." Psalm 46:10 (NASB)
"Be still and know that I am God..." Psalm 26:10 (ESV)

I admittedly like many things... 
But only ONE thing is important.

I have a lot to learn...
Here's to tethering the racehorse inside...
And to taking in a-m-a-z-i-n-g sunsets with my love... 

 






P.S.
Yes, these are pics of the sunsets that inspired us to paint the hallway grey, which resulted in a second trip to the home improvement store to purchase more paint, which resulted in the installation of Mr. Beautiful black granite kitchen sink, followed by a return to our grey paint as we set ourselves about painting both the master and the office, which set us about deep cleaning the place-vents, air filters, windows, blinds, screens etc... oh, and since we were at it, why not just go ahead and put the extra brick in the garage to use and add brick to the space above our hall cabinets...

Now you understand why he calls me a racehorse...

1 comment:

debbie rothaus said...

Photos are spectacular! They remind of God's splendor, His magnificence.
Racehorse indeed-love your energy.