Matt's Corner

Too Sexy for my Sandals ;)


these are my new sandals…
whatdoyathink?

how did I happen upon the beauties you ask?

well, it so happened that I was at the bike shop;
I ran in to pick up my bike (which is now in the sad state of being both apart and in a box, awaiting oceanic transport)…
I was standing at the counter, chatting with Matt (bike shop owner) about our upcoming move to Hawaiian bliss…

he was also helping me adjust my dad’s 1987 Schwinn bike to the appropriate settings, because it’s going to be my island bike…



said bike shop owner then tells me, “I have just the thing for you…”
after a brief moment, he’s sauntering back, carrying these “pretty” ladies…




“Matt, I cannot wear those… they look like something my grandma would wear…”

I turn to the two women standing behind me, “Don’t you agree?”
they agreed, nodding their heads in unison…
but Matt persisted, and so I tried them on, WITH my white socks, none-the-less…

& then
            ….
ooooh…
...all padded and cushy…
…….               
…hhhhhhmmmmmmm????

the super-recessed clips, made this the comfiest cycling shoe I’ve ever had the pleasure of slipping my foot into…
…oh boy…hhhhhhmmmmm….????

“AND they’re waterproof...” he tells me…

gotta have em…

you know, for Hawaii :)
& to match that 1987 Schwinn bike I’ll be riding around town…

if the islanders call me a “haole,”
I’ll show them my bike…
if that doesn’t work, I’ll show them my sandals…
& I’ll say, “You see these sandals brother… how could I possibly be from the mainland?

No comments: