Matt's Corner

Project 365, Days 14-15

14/365:
The weatherman says our beautiful summer-weather-in-January is ending and normal SoCal winter weather is to resume tomorrow.  It seems I should sneak my bike out for a late afternoon ride. 
So glad I did.
Wine country was incredible.
Observing how bright rays of sun gleamed down, lighting up the vineyards… turning distant mountains deeper shades of green…
Inhaling the mixed fragrance of sweet fruit trees in bloom and the woodsy scent of fires burning…


15/365:  Coastal Conquest 
I was told that the most beautiful region of the California coast stretches from San Francisco to Santa Monica…
Not sure if it’s true, but it gave me an idea… 
Bike it!  As in, with an actual bicycle… ;)
And thus, the idea was transferred to the bucket list.

This summer, Lord-willing, it’s getting crossed off.

Tonight, Matt and I met up with another crazy couple who are also gearing up for this ride.  By that I mean: Chuck and I will be riding our bikes… our spouses are both opting to take in the beauty of the golden coast atop wheels they don’t have to pedal.
 
We had an absolutely wonderful time, with Chuck and Barbie, planning out this summer’s coastal conquest route.  It was fun to get to know them.  They’ve shared a lifetime of adventure; Matt and I sat intrigued, listening to just a few of their crazy, fun memories together… I’m sure we didn’t even scratch the surface…  

At 66 (years old), Chuck and ready to conquer the coast with me, need I say more?  What a pair he and I will make out there on PCH…
He says we should name our ride “beauty and the beast…” ;)  

No comments: