Matt's Corner

EXCITED FOR THE NEW CHANGES IN HIGH SCHOOL MINISTRIES


We had a great week of ministry! It was our first week of student d-groups on Tuesday night. There were over 30 students that came. We examined the topic of discipleship and answered the question “what is a disciple?” I, personally, am SO excited to see this takeoff, because discipleship has played a huge role in my own life. I am so thankful for the older godly women that the Lord has placed in my life to encourage me in my relationship with Christ. I love watching them walk with the Lord and learning from them. I wanted to take this opportunity to thank a few women that have greatly impacted my life.
MOM – Thank you for displaying Christ to me day in and day out. You were my first “discipler” and I continue to learn a great many things from watching you live out your love for the Lord. Thank you for loving me when I was difficult to love, and for never ceasing to lovingly preach truth to me. Thank you for your prayers for me. Thank you for modeling a home focused on the Lord; one that impacted many of my friends. You are an amazing example of a godly wife and mother.
SUE MAUGHN- I just love you. You were the first lady to take me under her wing in Arizona. I am so thankful for the countless hours at Starbucks. You had such an incredible impact on my life. I had only been saved a few weeks before moving to AZ and you took me by the hand and showed me the way. I learned from you how to lead a HS d group, you kept me accountable as a dated my husband, you worked through several difficult issues with me. I miss you all the time.
MOMMA JEAN- I could not have asked for a more godly mother-in-law. You have so many godly characteristics that I want. I love the way you love your family. I wish I had an ounce of your patience and trust in the Lord. Thank you for loving me no matter what. I am so thankful and consider myself blessed to have you so close by.
JILL STEAD- You are my greatest friend in CA. I love learning from you, processing things with you, and running with you. Your influence in my life turned my marriage around and I am forever grateful. I love your passion, and heart for student ministries. Thank you for always having an open door.
TRACI DODSON- You have challenged me over and over again in the way that I think; about kids, being sensible, intimacy, my words… I love your home; it exudes love. I love the way you parent, and the way you love your own husband. You are incredibly purposeful and I learn so much by simply watching the way you do life.

I am already looking forward to our next HS discipleship. Our goal is to come together with student’s who love Jesus and are committed to Him, and to instruct and train them in godliness. I am so thankful that discipleship is a core priority of our church and also of our student ministry. It is so important for every true believer to be involved in this process.
“We proclaim Him, admonishing every man and teaching every man with all wisdom, so that we may present every man complete in Christ. For this purpose also I labor, striving according to His power, which mightily works within me.” Col 1:28-29

1 comment:

debbie rothaus said...

God is so faithful to bring people into our lives to help us in our walk. What joy it is to see my daughter investing her life in the lives of others. Keep being faithful!