Matt's Corner

HAPPY EASTER!

“And if Christ is not risen, then our preaching is empty and your faith is also empty.” 1Cor 15:14

I LOVE Easter… I rejoice that HE IS RISEN! Because without the resurrection:

  • Preaching Christ would be senseless
  • Faith in Christ would be useless
  • All the witnesses and preachers of the resurrection would be liars
  • No one would be redeemed from sin
  • All former believers would have perished
  • Christians would be the most pitiable people on earth

“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance, incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.” 1Peter1:3-5

I LOVED celebrating Easter with my family. (I am SO BLESSED to no longer be working outside of our home. I came home a couple weeks ago to find Matt had set up two lawn chairs in the garage, because we have the greatest porch view ever, and he gave me about five incredible reasons for closing the “working outside of the home” chapter of my life. I LOVE watching the Lord grow my husband into such a terrific, godly leader and am constantly blessed to be Matt's wife!) To commemorate my first Easter off, Matt and I cooked our very first “real” ham (bone in and all)... It didn’t turn out quite like gmas (although it was delicious, if I might say so myself), but was a terrific start to embarking on what is “holiday cooking” (it only took us four and a half years to get started, but who’s counting…). So after a WONDERFUL Easter service, we joined our CA family and old AZ friends for a delicious meal at our parents house. I needed a video-camera for our family game of gestures (hilarious)… and to capture some crazy earthquake footage (Matt went running for the table).

HAPPY EASTER!

No comments: