Matt's Corner

Last Weekend

77/365: Saturday {ramble alert}

pouring rain and gusty winds stirred me awake afore my alarm ever had the chance…

I’m a fan of raining mornings…
I quite like them…


he made me smile this morning when he sent me this picture…
because we’ve been there, in Westwood, together, once before…
“just friends” at the time…


but were the Mister and I ever really just friends?
I think not…
you could call it whatever you like…
but from day one, we were drawn, like magnets, to each other…


still are…

so today, as he was there on business, this picture made me smile…
it was one of the first places we ever went together…

my first and only memory of boba…
he bought me a drink and I, unknowingly, took a sip…
some slimy chunk came up the straw and I about puked it up all over the table…


a memory to smile at…
oh and yes, I'm ready for the Mister to be back home this evening…


this morning’s pounding rain did, finally, reduce itself to a drizzle…
& I seized the day’s one and only opportunity to squeeze in a late morning run…
quite rewarding…
fresh, crisp air…
the smell of fire burning in the neighbor’s chimneys…
fascinated by the colors of a rainy day…
the way stormy weather manufactures brilliant contrast…
wet tarmac and soaked tree trunks,
juxtaposed against soft white flowers in bloom…
wispy, grey clouds moving quickly, just about the tree tops,
striking immovable, sodden foothills of deep green…


and then :) the Mister was home (insert happy dance)
a present for me in tow…

does he know me, or does he know me???

78/365: a Sunday in the life

awaking to the sound of rain on the roof
Mark 3
lovely lunch date with my man
item scored off the pottery barn clearance shelf
John Carter Imax 3d
musical art--we moved the infamous black beauty to a more prominent location & added these guys to the master bedroom





& there you have it, a Sunday in the life...

No comments: